Thank you for taking the time to submit a nomination for the Leah Horowitz Humanitarian Award. This honor is awarded in memory of Leah Horowitz (FPAN ’06).
The Leah Horowitz Humanitarian Award is presented to an alumnus/a who demonstrates a substantial commitment to forging relationships based on service in humanitarian field work. The recipient must strive to achieve lasting change by empowering individuals in their local communities, seek to bridge cultures, and create systems-based solutions to problems. Tufts University staff and faculty may also be considered for this award.
The due date for 2016 award nominations is Friday, November 20, 2015.
Please submit the following materials to nominate an outstanding alumnus:
- Nomination Form: You may complete the electronic form below or download the paper version.
- Letter of Support: Please describe why you believe the nominee is deserving of this recognition. Highlight how the nominee has made humanitarian contributions in the nutrition profession. Please consider the following questions:
- How has the work of the nominee demonstrated a substantial commitment to forging relationships based on service in humanitarian field work?
- How has the nominee striven to achieve lasting change by empowering individuals in their local communities?
- Has the nominee bridged cultures and created systems-based solutions to problems?