Friedman School graduates benefit from a variety of services made available to all Tufts University alumni, as well as several school-specific resources.
Stay Connected and Involved
Tufts Online Community is a free service that keeps you connected to your friends from school. Keeping your information up to-do-date is the best way to ensure you receive event invitations and Friedman School updates. Select features include:
- Alumni Directory – Find your friends, update your contact information, and network with alumni from around the globe.
- Class Notes – Share news about your professional and personal accomplishments.
- @alumni.tufts.edu – Get your very own Tufts alumni email forwarding address.
- Library Databases – Access the online resources you used as a student.
- The Career Center – Post your resume and search career opportunities, or post job openings and browse resumes for the perfect Tufts candidate.
Alumni Events are held at major conferences, on campus, and in cities across the nation. They include a variety of social, networking, and educational opportunities such as:
· All-Alumni Reunion – Join us each spring as Friedman School alumni come together to reconnect with classmates, faculty and friends.
· Career Panels – Learn more about various career paths. Interested in sitting on a career panel? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Webinars and Online Seminars – Can’t make it to an event? Join us for our webinars and Friedman School Weekly Seminars where experts from across the field of nutrition discuss their cutting-edge work.
· Missed an event? Listen to our recorded Nutrition Seminars, Webinars, and Career Panels online.
Volunteer Opportunities range from joining the Alumni Association Executive Council, to speaking on a career panel, to being a class agent for the annual fund. Email email@example.com to find the right volunteer opportunity for you.
News and E-lists
- Tufts Nutrition, the Friedman School’s magazine, The Friedman School Alumni and Friends E-Newsletter, and the Dean’s Letter E-News share news and information about the achievements of the school’s students, faculty, and alumni.
- Tufts E-News and Tufts Magazine keep you informed of the latest headlines about the university and the accomplishments of its alumni.
- Jobs in Nutrition Database – This database is exclusively for the Friedman School Community. Search for domestic and international jobs in your field of interest. Username: FriedmanAlum Password: Fr!3dm@n (case sensitive)
- Tufts Career Advisory Network (CAN) – Network with alumni from all of Tufts’ undergraduate and professional schools, become a career advisor, or seek the advice of an existing career advisor. CAN also includes a variety of professional development resources to support your career.
Other Alumni Benefits
- Tufts Loan Repayment Assistance Program helps selected Tufts graduates working in public service pay a portion of their annual education loan bills.
- Alumni Travel-Learn Program combines trips to exotic locales with lectures by leading Tufts faculty members.
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute offers on-campus study groups and distance-learning programs to alumni and friends of the university.
- Free Classes at Friedman All Friedman School Alumni are eligible to take one class per semester free of charge, pending space and approval of the registrar.
- Tufts Group Insurance Discount Programs You receive group discounts on insurance products ranging from term life to pet insurance. More information is available in the online community, click here.
Questions about any of these benefits? Have an idea you want to share? Contact Kelly Melcher, Associate Director of Alumni Relations, at 617-636-3548 or firstname.lastname@example.org.